t h e / u n t i m e l y / p a s t
last modified: 1 June 2000
If you wish to be notified of major updates to this site,
let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruptured Spaces and Effective Histories: The Unveiling of the Babi Poetess Qurrat al-`Ayn Tahirih in the Gardens of Badasht." by Negar Mottahedeh. Occasional Papers in Shaykhi, Babi and Baha'i Studies, 2:2 (February, 1998).
"'New' Repetition," by Sande Cohen. C3I, (January 1997).
Review article on Jelevich and Iggers, by D. A. Jeremy Telman. from H-German, 17 May 1996.
"Experimental History? The 'Space' of History in Recent Kimberley Colonial Histories," by Stephen Muecke. The UTS Review, 2:1 (May 1996).
Postmodernism in German History," from H-German,
Joan Scott and Thomas Reid: The Problem of Historical Idealism," by Elisabeth Carnell.
"Language and Literature in Intellectual History: Early Eighteenth-century Political Literature as a Historical Source," by Pasi Ihalainen.
"The Chaos of History: Notes Towards a Postmodernist Historiography," by Brian Ward.
Calls for papers, conferences
- "Disrupted Identities and the Question of the Universal," Graduate Conference, University of California, Irvine, November 11-12, 2000.
- "The Heritage and the Influence of the Work of Michel Foucault in Quebec and Elsewhere," Association canadienne francaise pour
l'avancement des sciences conference session, Universite de Montreal, May 17-18, 2000.
- "Crossing Borders," the 24th annual International Association for Philosophy and Literature conference, State University of New York at Stony Brook, May 9-13, 2000.
- "History, Technology, and Identity: After Foucault," University of South Carolina,Columbia, SC, March 16-18, 2000.
- Call for papers. "Unlocking Discipline from Disciplinarity," forthcoming issue of Crossings. Deadline: March 15, 2000.
- "Prophets, Visionaries, and their Publics in the Afro-Atlantic World," University of Maryland, College Park, October 8-11, 1998
- "The Ethics
of History," The First Biennial Leroy E. Loemker Conference, Emory
University, April 17-19, 1998.
and the Limits of Interpretation," Rice University, 15-17
Schools, programs, institutes, research groups, networks ...
Course descriptions, outlines, syllabi ...
French Nietzsches (Duncan Large, University of Wales, Swansea)
History and Theory (Mark Poster, University of California, Irvine)
Major Figures in Rhetoric: Roland Barthes (Victor Vitanza,
University of Texas, Arlington, Fall 1991)
Major Figures in Rhetoric: Baudrillard and the Problem of
Simulation (Victor Vitanza, University of Texas, Arlington, Fall
Subalterns, Rebels, and Outcastes: Explorations in Modern Indian
History (Vinay Lal, University of California, Los Angeles, Spring
Home pages, faculty pages, c.v.s, ...
Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari
Mikhail Bakhtin and His Circle
The Frankfurt School
Guy Debord / Situationist International
Other theorists of interest
Michel de Certeau
Other "theory" sites
- theory.org.uk ("a website
about the relationship between the mass media and people's identities, genders and everyday lives.")
Other bibliographies of related interest
© Copyright 1999-2002, Jeffrey Hearn